A Palestinian teenage boy shot and critically injured by Israeli military forces near a refugee camp in the central occupied West Bank more than two weeks ago has died of his wounds.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said on Monday that 17-year-old Jassem Mohammed Nakhla succumbed to his injuries at hospital.
The teenager died after being treated for head wounds, the ministry added.
Medical sources said Nakhla had been clinically dead since he was injured, and had been kept on life support.
The incident near the Jelazun Palestinian refugee camp, located seven kilometers north of Ramallah, on March 23 saw Israeli forces shoot dead another Palestinian teenager and seriously wound three more Palestinians, including Nakhla.
The Palestinian ministry at the time identified the slain Palestinian as 17-year-old Muhammad Mahmoud Ibrahim al-Hattab, saying he had been shot in the chest and shoulder.
Sources confirmed that a Palestinian teenage boy had been killed and three others were critically injured after Israeli military forces opened fire on a passenger car in the area.
The Israeli military, however, later alleged in a statement that the teenagers had been throwing petrol bombs at a nearby settlement.
The developments come amid ongoing tensions between Israeli soldiers and Palestinian protesters in the occupied territories.
The occupied Palestinian territories have witnessed tensions ever since Israel imposed restrictions on the entry of Palestinian worshipers into the al-Aqsa Mosque compound in East Jerusalem al-Quds in August 2015.
Nearly 290 Palestinians have lost their lives at the hands of Israeli forces in the tensions since the beginning of October that year.