On the basis of Cleanliness Survey 2019, the Government of India has announced the names of the cleanest and clean cities of the country in the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Wednesday. The cleanest city title was once again named after Indore, and Bhopal remained the first place in the cleanest capital city. In the survey, Chhattisgarh has been awarded the Best Performance State Award. In cities having more than 10 lakh population, Ujjain was in first place in Ahmedabad and cities with less than five lakh population.
Dr. Shivkumar Dahria, Minister of Urban Bodies, Chhattisgarh received this award from President Ramnath Kovind. The state has been given the Best Performance State Award for being the fastest and coordinated way towards cleanliness in Chhattisgarh.
In addition to the Best Performance State Award, various urban bodies in Chhattisgarh have also got place in different categories. Mayor of Municipal Corporation Raipur, Pramod Dubey has said this about pride for Chhattisgarh.
In the survey conducted for the Cleanliness Survey of 2019, the team from Delhi spent a long time in the state. The team conducted surveys in different areas for more than a week. The Urban Development Ministry conducted surveys in 4,237 cities of different states of the country. After this, rankings have been issued in different categories.
Award to seven cities in cities
The cleanest city: Indore
Most Clean Capital: Bhopal
Most clean big city: Ahmedabad (having population of more than 1 million)
The city with the most clean middle population: Ujjain (population of 3 to 10 million)
The cleanest small city: NDMC Delhi (less than 3 lakh population)
Most Clean Cantonment: Delhi Cantt.
The cleanest Ganga Town: Gauchar, Uttarakhand
Indore for the third consecutive time
– It is the first city in the country where there are two Zero Waste in the presence of millions of people.
– The country’s first disposable free market, which recently included 56 storey areas.
– This is the first city in the country that completely eliminated the Trenching Ground and started new experiments there.
– Work of home composting with wet wastes in more than 29 thousand households.
– GPS, control room and 19 zones separately 19 screens for monitoring of garbage trains.
– 100% waste was processed and disposed of by building material and waste material.